Saturday, April 3, 2010

TMNT (1)

IF you haven't heard of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, You must be living in a cave.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have made an impact on kids since the 1980s. While it has less of a significant impact today compare to PIKACHU or JOOJOO pets..(Whatever you call them)

They were certainly the most coolest S**T in the block.

I remember when i was a lil 6-8 year old kid, I had like the biggest action figure collection of TMNT products. But as usual, I destroyed and lost them along the years of my Destructive childhood behaviour. I had all 3 of the Turtles but Michelangelo. I had Splinter, Shredder, 3 foot soldiers, Some lizard character,some Pizza Shooter Machine, Shredders Car and the infamous Turtle Van.

While I think the new remakes are pretty cheesy compared to the then Classic TMNT, they always have a special pace in my heart.

Few years back, I was asked to repaint the four turtles colour codes from the Original Uniform colour orange from the original Eastman and Laird's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to their distinctive "Blue, Red, Orange and Purple" colours that were so fondly remembered in the TV series for Rachel, A friend of mine.

And those figures were pretty cool. I must say, they were real fine remakes of the original comic art representation of the TMNT. Ah just made me remember the good old times and how this turtles have been so "Mondo Awesome" and "Superbly Spectacular"


Red And Rude Raphael


Purple and The team's "Intellect" Donatello


Leader and "Big Brother" Leonardo


"Free-Spirit" Party Dude Michelangelo

More Pics to follow ;)

3 comments:

  1. Those are some real nice figures man.
    Really great depiction and great action figures of the infamous TMNT.

    Where'd you get those awesome figs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is from NECA/ They are the NECA TMNT.

    They are supposedly the best sculpted Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles of all time compared to all other action figures.

    And Jiaqi, really nice paint job on their head bands. I think they look cooler than the originals

    Heh :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, The weapons and the sculpt is exceptionally great. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have definitely rocked my world back then too.

    And the Movie as far as I can recall it, was pretty retro and great for its time.

    Turtle Power!

    ReplyDelete