For today, I would like to give a big thanks to my dear fellow blogger friend Sean from Sean's Wargames Corner for having nominated Toyconstruct for the Liebster Award. This would be the first time Toyconstruct has been nominated. It has been almost 5 years and we have come along way. It is good to see us progress in whatever manner.
For starters, I shall answer the same set of questions that were posed to Sean on his blog.
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started this blog on 24 January 2010 with Joshua with the sole objective to share our collectibles, model kits and miniatures with the blogger-sphere. While improving our photography skills, we wanted to interact with the hobby crowd of a wide genre with a slightly larger focus on modern military, fantasy miniatures and comic book hero action figures.
2. If you could change one thing about wargaming hobby, what would it be?
Always take in the fun in the game and the good companionship of playing with friends.
3. What is best in life?
To have a good drink with friends looking at your array of collectibles, model kits and miniatures.
4. Fame or Fortune
Fame can ruin you more than Fortune. So I am taking the latter.
5. What miniatures are you most proud of having painted.
I am so happy to have made them all. Each one of them has provided me with joy and pain but the outcome always gives a warm glow of happiness in my heart. Each of them has made me improve in my painting skills. But alright, If I had to choose one, I would say my Dwarven Thunderers, as they mark the point I have increased dramatically in painting skills followed by my GHQ Arleigh Burkes which showcased my ability to convert miniatures and paint small things in detail. Lastly would be my T-80B and F/A-22 as the first models in which I use Airbrush.
6. How do you deal with a burnout?
I stop for a long while. Play computer games or spend more "outside home" time with friends. It is the best way to recover.
7. Why is a Raven like a writing desk?
Your guess is as good as mind.
8. Star Wars or Star Trek?
Can I say that I enjoy both thoroughly? I love Star Trek for its exploratory plot and Star Wars for its political intrigue and massive space battles.
9. If you could only buy from one miniature company from now on, which would it be?
As my primary hobby interest is Modern Military, this easily goes to GHQ Miniatures for their wide range of modern military warfare miniature.
10. What is your favourite takeaway?
My favorite takeaway food are the local food that I can buy from the hawker centre nearby my place.
11.What do you like most (or least) about blogging?
I like interacting with my readers and doing up a good post for everyone with the motive to foster and create a larger community. What I like the least about blogging is that I am not able to post as much as I can or gather a larger following but I shall persevere and keep on trying.
Next are my 6 nominations of blogs (I don't have as large a network of bloggers compared to Sean) that are under 100 followers that I feel should be nominated for this Liebster award too. So here are the few I manage to pull out that qualify for the condition of the Liebster Award. Please check these nominations out.
1. Jacksarge's Wargaming Ramblings : A WWII and Fantasy Miniature Blog by Jacksarge with Painting Services and Great Painted Miniatures.
2. My Tiny Things : A Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Historical Miniature and Wargaming Blog by Jonathan
3. 1/72 Multiverse : A Modeller's Blog by EY that talks about his progress on his building projects. Great Blog that showcases model kits and miniatures.
4. The Games We Play : A blog by Martin Rapier featuring WWII Wargaming Miniatures and Napleonic Miniatures. Great Wargaming Feature Posts.
5. Imp552's House of Wargaming : A Fantasy Wargaming Blog by Dave H featuring Reaper Miniatures and other fantasy paint projects by him.
6. World War II Central : A WII Miniature Blog featuring GHQ WWII miniatures painted by the Blogger WWIICentral. Fantastic Miniatures and Great Paintjobs.
To those who got nominated:
The Award conditions are as shown below:
- Link back to the blog that nominated you.
- Nominate other blogs with 200 or less followers
- Answer a couple of questions
So feel free to increase the exposure for all budding hobby blogs starting out in sharing war-gaming matter, model kits, miniatures and other collectible!
Till next time,